Digital Spacecast – Chia News Weekly
Chia News Weekly 04/13/23
13 April 2023 / 2:30 PST PM film time / 10:00 PM GMT Launch time
SHOW OUTLINE + QUE POINTS
- Welcome to Chia News Weekly 2.0 your weekly journey through the chia verse. Excited about the group collaboration effort we have with Steve Stepp from https://thisweekinchia.com to cover even more topics than usual.
- BIG PICTURE ITEM OF WEEK – TAXES!
- We have xchbalance.com, Chiatracker.com and Spacescan.io available. I have used xchbalance.com and it worked really well for me. I also have used Spacescan.io and that worked easy also.
- Outline the segments for Audience, mention they can use the chapters below to jump to any segment quickly.
- Chia Price
- Chia News (Official information)
- Community Software Releases and Updates
- Community Happenings and Web3 Things
- Chia Price Predictions (Not Financial Advice. This is 0% accuracy. Consult 1 800 tarot reading for higher accuracy predictions.)
- 39.68 as of Filming time off the weeks low of 37.38. The feels are good.
- Chia Cat will be out later for its guesswork.
Chia News (Official)
- We seem to have some confirmation that the ASIC timelords are in hand but not yet tested and distributed. I am excited but I think I am going to take this last chance to run a timelord for a bit and set that log level to “OMG” levels and roll a video. Exciting times.
- Clawbacks, clawbacks, clawbacks. We now have a new chialisp primitive available for developers and soon users to avail themselves of in the pursuit of “safer” custody of their assets, lets look at a few use cases. https://www.chia.net/2023/04/11/chia-product-hour-the-clawback-feature/
- You now have the possibility for new types of chartered financial crypto institutions to arise with abilities that rival traditional finance in “unintended error correction” for certain types of opt-in transactions.
- Chia launched a new video on Inner Puzzles.
- Storage JM put out a new video on a sexy little skylake plotter. BB do go brrr. Chia GPU plotting – Skylake workstation build with HP Z6 G4 in Windows
Community Software Updates
- XCH.FARM has a cool new simulator that helps you see the bounds of statistical probabilities if you SOLO vs POOL and this is very cool. Do run it at 100 to get a better approximation.
- EVG released their 1.3 client last weekend, so you can check for updates in your app store for that.
- It’s tax crunch week in the USA. There has been very little going on that I have seen and I am chalking it up to this.
Community Happenings and Web3
- XCH London has a few slots they added to their upcoming mega meetup. https://www.meetup.com/xch-london/events/292256484/
- Chia TK launched their latest video on Chialisp playground. This group of tikos is doing an amazing amount of work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xCHD3X8dow
- Gene Hoffman has an interview with Russian YT Channel and the Russian Chia crowd is HUGE. You will need subtitles running for this.🟢 CHIA – ЭТО ТОВАР. ИНТЕРВЬЮ С ДЖИНОМ ХОФФМАНОМ
- The Church of Chia has its upcoming NFT burning on the 20th. If you have garbage or want to reduce supply, this is your roll! Run by Birdman23, Foods Cookies and Daryl with special Guest this time around Poor Investor and mystery Todd: https://twitter.com/Birdman2three/status/1645592380714946562
- Of course every Sunday MonkeyZoo hosts his Chia space, the longest running consistent space to my knowledge. Link on his twitter profile. https://twitter.com/PoorChiaFarmXCH
Chia Price Prediction
- Anything on the horizon you see impacting the price?
- I think we need to watch the feds to see what happens next. There are a lot of heavy items on deck that can impact us negatively in the works and crypto in the US is under threat. That said, I feel Chia is one of, if not the, best positioned hedges in that type of space outside Bitcoin. I see uncertainty and that’s my prediction.
Be sure to check out https://thisweekinchia.com to get all the details and more. We can only fit so much in 10 minutes and there are always more news items happening!
CTA and end