Here are the points to answer before considering what types of rigs to invest in for Chia.
- What is my budget for this project?
- Do I need to have machines inside the house with me?
- Can I put machines in a garage or basement?
- Do I know how to use basic command line usage for Linux (have used putty before, or know how to install ubuntu desktop)
- Break down the constituent parts of the project by need.
- Farmer/wallet/full node can be a single machine which you probably already have like an existing laptop or desktop that can be left running 24/7. Can be any OS easily. ie Windows, Linux, Mac
- Plotters are best separated from the other parts of the full node, wallet farmer so they can devote 100% compute resources to generating plots.
- Plotter Operating System (If you MUST use Windows, then a RAMDISK is not needed and we can use a cache to divert most writes off nvme or ssd storage.
- High thread count
- High GHZ
- How much extra storage do I have laying around already in TB’s? How much do I want or need?
- Do I need a multipurpose machine (daily driver that I can do everything on and also plot and full node? Less ideal but doable)
Given that info I can help you get an idea of what to put together at a given price point and what its performance will be. Email me your answers filled out and I will get you an idea on what I would build. firstname.lastname@example.org